The aim of the training course is to improve the quality of EVS projects through empowering EVS actors to provide meaningful learning opportunities. The Organizer: Turkish National Agency (National Agency) Co-organizer(s): SALTO-Youth EECA Resource Centre (SALTO). Our Erasmus+ Executive Mehmet ÇETİNKAYA took part in the training course as a trainer representing Turkish National Agency and Istanbul Arel University.
Learning is the most essential part of quality EVS project and different aspects [such as the lack of experience, tools or common understanding] can bring a challenge to create a safe environment for learning process of all actors.
The different realities in EVS organisations can cause more challenges to meet with the quality criteria of Erasmus+ Youth in Action program as well.
There are many existing learning tools that actually could support the learning process of EVS cycle, but not all EVS organisations are aware of them and not all find it easy put them in practice.
This training course is designed to make EVS organization representatives [such as mentors, coordinators and tutors] to be aware of the existing tools and define the needs of organisations in order to design and develop new tools.
The aim of the training course is to improve the quality of EVS projects through empowering EVS actors to provide meaningful learning opportunities.
Main objectives are:
- to raise awareness of the importance of learning in EVS;
- to understand the roles of EVS actors and their involvement and impact to the learning process;
- to explore and develop common learning tools in order to apply them in EVS projects.
The training will focus on learning process as one of the most important key element in quality of EVS projects – how to create a space for it, how to respond to the needs of learner and how to involve different EVS actors ensuring this learning process.
The participants will have an opportunity to develop their skills on how to use different learning tools, knowledge about EVS philosophy and its rules & responsibility and the attitude of learning centred EVS projects.
Content and methodology
The training will provide holistic approach to EVS learning experience where all actors are playing important role in the learning process. The non-formal education methods will be used, emphasizing experiential learning cycle and learners-centred approach.
The training program will be focused on learning from different perspectives in EVS and will include following elements:
• The philosophy, actors and the role of learning in EVS;
• Space for sharing the realities with best practices and challenges connected to learning process;
• An opportunity to step in the shoes of volunteer in new intercultural environment in order to better understand their learning needs;
• Common mapping, analysing of the existing learning tools and creation of new ones.
• Space for reflecting on learning tools and how they can be applied in different EVS realities.